Born in 1938, in Castel Frentano, Italy. Lives and works in Rome.
After his studies at the Academy of Fine Arts in Rome, under the guidance of Leoncillo, Fazzini and Colla, Ceroli initially dedicated himself to ceramics. In the 1960s, impressed by Pop Art and by the works of Louise Nevelson and Joe Tilson, he started to create silhouettes of shaped wood, colourless, sometimes repeated in series, materials and forms that would characterise his later creations. In 1967-1968, he took part in group exhibitions of Arte Povera. His work, Unicorno alato (1990), made of wood covered with gold, is situated at the headquarters of Rai Saxa Rubra. He oversaw the decoration of the church of Porto Rotondo (1971), Santa Maria Madre del Redentore at Tor Bella Monaca, Rome (1987) and San Carlo Borromeo in the centre of Naples (1990). In addition to sculpture, he collaborates with the Teatro Stabile di Torino and La Scala in Milan, as a stage designer. Quotes from famous works of the past are found in his sculptures, like those of Leonardo. In 2007, he was called by Palazzo delle Esposizioni of Rome to participate in its official reopening with his major works.